A separate dedicated liver clinic is being run on every Tuesday. This caters for patients who are suffering from chronic liver diseases. We are doing liver biopsies in all age groups. Department of Radiology has developed technique of transesophageal biopsy and shunts (TIPS). Pathology department is doing H&E, PAS, Reticulin and Prussian Blue Stains on regular basis on liver tissues. They are in the process of developing Trichrome and Orcein stains also. Facilities of testing for HBs Ag, Anti HBs and Anti HCV are available with the Microbiology department.
General OPD: Tuesday, Thursday Hepatobiliary & Pancreatic Clinic: Tuesday, It includes patients of Liver Cirrhosis, Chronic Pancreatitis etc.
Luminal Clinic: Wednesday, It includes patients of Ulcerative Colitis, Intestinal Tuberculosis, Achalasia etc.
Indoor services are available. There is a 30-bedded ward. For care of very sick patients ICU services are being utilized. Preparations are on to develop a separate high dependency unit in the GI ward itself.
List of endoscopic & other services available
- Variceal Endotherapy(Inj./Band/Loop)
- Endotherapy for ulcer bleed
- Stricture dilatation by balloon
- Stricture dilatation by Savary-Guillard dilator
- Esophageal stenting
- Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy
- ERCP Diagnostic
- ERCP Therapeutic
- Stenting/Naso biliary drainage
- Dilatation of Pancreatic Duct/Common Bile Duct
- Mechanical lithotripsy
- Rigid Sigmoidoscopy
- Limited colonoscopy
- Endotherapy for piles (inj/ Band)
- Endoscopic pseudocyst drainage
- Liver biopsy
- Abdominal paracentasis
- Endo Ultra Sound-Diagnostic
- Endo Ultra Sound-Therapeutic(Fine needle aspiration)
- Sangstaken tube for variceal bleed
- Argon plasma coagulation for GI bleed
- Mucosal resection/Tumour electrofulguration
Last Updated On 29/12/2018