Procedures and Equipment
1. Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting: Performed on state-of-the-art cardiopulmonary bypass machine and also on "off pump". Total arterial revascularization is done frequently & Harmonic Scalpel is used to harvest the arterial conduits. Venous conduits are regularly harvested endoscopically using Guidant Vasoview System. Advanced cardiac support in form of intra aortic balloon pump is normally deployed for unstable patients.
2. Valve repair and replacement procedures: Mechanical or bio-prosthetic valve implantation, Aortic root replacement with coronary implantation (Bentall's procedure), valve repairs, ring annuloplasty, open and close valvotomies.
3. Congenital Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- ASD repair
- VSD repair
- TOF - Total Correction
- Bi-directional Glenn's Shunt
- BT - Shunt Central Shunt
- PDA Ligation
- Co-arctation repairs
4. Thoracic Surgeries: Lobectomy, Pneumonectomy, Decortications, Diaphragmatic injury repairs, Decortications, Resection of chest wall tumors, Esophagectomy, Esophageal repair, Pericardiectomy. The department is equipped with Olympus Thoracoscopic set which includes Video assisted Thoraco Fibroscope, OES 3 CCD video system OTV- SX2, Xenon light source 300 W.
5. Ablation Surgeries: Using Medtronic Cardioblate system which uses radiofrequency energy for treatment of Atrial Fibrillation.
6. Vascular Surgeries: Embolectomies, Bypass & anastomoses with interposition vein/prosthetic grafts, Patch augmentation, Atherectomy, Carotid endarterectomy, Repair of vascular injuries, Resection of Major Thoracic & Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms.
7. Specialty Clinic: Follow up OPDs to monitor progress of the operated patients.
Last Updated On 22/09/2017