Post Basic B Sc
The objectives of Post basic B.Sc (Nursing) programmeare to upgrade the Diploma (GNM) nurses to
- Prepare nurses with a sound knowledge in nursing to enable them to function as an efficient member of the health team, with the competences in all level of health care settings.
- Help nurses to develop an ability to co-operate and co-ordinate with members of the health team.
- Provide personal and professional development to contribute at its maximum to the society.
- Serve as a base for further professional education and specialization in nursing.
- Prepare nurses to keep pace with advance professional and technological development and use the same for providing nursing care services.
- Emphasize the importance of continuing learning for their personal and professional development.
- Enable professional nurses to participate in research activities and utilize research findings in improving nursing practice.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and managerial skills in different health settings.
Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing (2 years) - 50 seats
Five seats in Post Basic B.Sc. nursing course will be considered for sponsored candidates who are in the employment of Central/State Government Hospitals/Institutions or College of Nursing/School of Nursing and whose names are sponsored by their employer. The sponsored candidate if selected should submit a relieving letter confirming sponsorship at the time of admission. If non availability of eligible sponsored candidates, the seats remain vacant and will be open to other candidates. The candidate must produce the sponsorship letter along with the filled application form,
Reservation of seats as per Govt. of India
Other Backward Class (OBC) : 27%
Scheduled Caste (SC) : 15%
Scheduled Tribe (ST) : 7.5%
Physically Handicapped : 3%
*3% reservation will be given to Physically challenged Candidates on horizontal basis as per Govt. of India guidelines.
- If requisite number of suitable candidates is not available to fill up the seats reserved for the Scheduled Castes, the same will be filled by candidates belonging to the Scheduled Tribes and vice-versa. In case suitable candidates are not available from the two reserved categories, the vacant seats will be filled up by the candidates from the OBC Category.
- In case suitable candidates are also not available in the OBC category, the same will be filled up by the candidates from the GeneralCategory. Issue date of caste certificate of OBC category should not be older than one year from the date of application.
- In respect of candidates belonging to SC and ST category a self-attested copy of community certificate should be produced. For candidates belonging to OBC non-creamy layer certificate along with application should be attached from any of the following authorities (District Magistrate/Additional District Magistrate/Collector/ Deputy Commissioner/Additional Deputy Commissioner/Deputy Collector/1st class Stipendiary Magistrate/City Magistrate/Sub divisional Magistrate/Talluk Magistrate/ Executive Magistrate/Extra Assistant Commissioner/Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/Revenue officer not below the rank of Tehsildar and Sub-Divisional officer of the area, where the candidate and/or his/her family normally resides) and the original certificate should be produced at the time of counseling/personal interview.
- If the candidate Fails to produce Non-Creamy layer certificate (NCLC) and community certificate he/she will be considered as General category
- The Non-Creamy layer certificate from competent authority should not be older than one year.
- 3% of seats are reserved on horizontal basis for persons with disability (PWD) only for loco-motor disability to the tune of 40% to 50% of the lower extremity (as per Indian Nursing Council admission criteria). However, candidates may kindly note that in case of selection under PWD Category they will be required to produce disability certificate from one of the disability assessment board constitute by state or central government. Other eligibility criteria with regard to age and qualification will be the same as prescribed for each nursing programme.
- In case the seats remain vacant under any reserved category the same shall be declared open and offered to the candidates under General Category in order of merit.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA – As per INC, New Delhi
Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing
- The candidate must have passed the Higher Secondary or Senior Secondary or Intermediate or 10+2 or an equivalent examination recognized by the university for this purpose. Those who have done 10+1 in or before 1986, will be eligible for admission.
- The candidate must have passed and obtained a certificate in General Nursing and Midwifery and registered as R.N/R.M. with the State Nurses Registration Council.
- A male nurse, trained before the implementation of the new integrated course besides being registered as a nurse with State Nurses Registration Council, shall produce evidence of training approved by Indian Nursing Council for a similar duration in lieu of midwifery in any one of the following areas:
- O.T. Techniques
- Ophthalmic Nursing
- Leprosy Nursing
- TB Nursing
- Psychiatric Nursing
- Neurological and Neuro Surgical Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
- Cancer Nursing
- Orthopedic Nursing
- Candidates shall be medically fit.
Note : Medical has to be done from Govt/State Hospital, if reports found false admission will be cancelled. Candidates should present original medical fitness certificates at the time counseling.
Duration – 2 Hours
Marks – 100
The scheme of Entrance Examination is as follows:
Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing
The entrance examination will be based on GNM syllabus. (Objective type (MCQs) paper of two hours duration and from six subjects as follows)
||Fundamentals of Nursing Medical Surgical Nursing including Professional Trends in Nursing.
||Anatomy, Physiology and Pharmacology
||Obstetrics Nursing and Midwifery
||Community Health Nursing
- Each correct response will get a score of one mark (1).
- More than one response will get a score of zero (0).
- No credit will be given for the question not answered.
- Admissions of the candidate are strictly on merit basis of entrance test.
- Based on the result of the Entrance Examination, combined as well as separate merit lists will be prepared for the General, OBC, Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe categories.
- Individual correspondence/telephonic information in this regard will not be entertained.
- Admit cards for appearing in entrance exam will be issued by Bhopal Nursing College, BMHRC on 30/10/2019 at Bhopal Nursing College.
Personal interview/ Counseling
- In Personal interview/counseling, document verification and allotment of seats will be carried out for Reserved and General Category.
- If a candidate is found to have furnished any false Information /documents/testimonials, the admission of the candidate shall be cancelled at any stage of her/his admission without any further notice and legal action as deemed necessary shall be taken.
- Allocation of admission will be on merit basis. For each category number of candidates called for counseling will be based on availability of seats.
- Order of counseling will be General, SC, ST and OBC.
- When all the seats of General category are finished then only reserved category counseling will be carried out.
Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing
- On the basis of the merit list based on the marks secured in entrance examination candidate will be invited for Personal Interview/counseling by an Admission Committee. In case candidates belonging to SC, ST and OBC are not available for Personal interview, then the number of candidates from the General category will be proportionately increased.
The following factors will be considered at the time of personal interview/counseling.
- Past academic attainment in the Higher Secondary or +2 or equivalent examination;
- Past academic attainment in the Nursing examination;
- Experience as a Staff Nurse.
- The counseling will be done strictly by combined merit list starting from Rank No.1.
- In case of absentee, the next candidate in merit list will be considered.
On the basis of the merit list based on the marks secured in entrance examination candidate will be invited for counseling by the Admission Committee. In case candidates belonging to SC, ST and OBC are not available for counseling, then the number of candidates from the General category will be proportionately increased.
In case of absence of candidate, priority will be given to the next candidate as per the merit list.
Last Updated On 24/01/2020